Students immigrating to Texas from other countries face many challenges. The Language Learners at The University of Texas at Austin's Center for Hispanic Achievement (LUCHA™) Program helps secondary Spanish-speaking emergent bilingual students transition into public schools.
- Online Courses for high school credit for a variety of subjects
- Credit by Exams for cores, electives, and Spanish I,II, III
Benefits for Students
- Complete online courses with a flexible timeline to recover credits
- Take Credit by Exams to earn high school credits for native language skills
- Graduate on time
Potential School District Funding Sources
- Limited English Proficient Student Success Initiative Grant
- Title I, Part A - School-wide Programs
- Title III, Part A
- State Compensatory Education Funds
Please verify use of funds by contacting the Texas Education Agency.
* Please follow FERPA rules (first name and first initial of student last name) in email communication