UTHS programs can support a school or district in a variety of ways to personalize learning with budget-friendly resources to support a blended or fully online learning instruction model. All UTHS online courses and curricula are fully aligned to the TEKS and designed by expert teachers. UTHS's teachers maintain active Texas teacher certification in the subject areas they teach.
Districts can incorporate our online courses in two ways:
- Our teacher: Students take courses facilitated by a UTHS highly qualified and experienced content area teacher of record.
- Your teacher: Districts purchase digital curriculum site licenses and courses are facilitated by an in-district highly qualified content area teacher of record.
Districts which choose to purchase course site-licences enjoy the flexibility to choose curriculum sequencing and have curriculum access for one year. When the course is purchased as a curriculum, the In-District teacher of record determines their students' course grades. When UTHS courses are purchased as an online course taught by a certified UTHS teacher of record, the UTHS teacher determines the students' course grades.
Strategies for Incorporating UTHS Blended Learning Courses
- Regular course curriculum
- Supplement to regular course curriculum
- Campus or district site license curriculum
- Fast track to credit accrual for advanced students
- Support for homebound students or students with special circumstances
- Summer school curriculum
- Credit recovery during or after school
- Any other combination of services to meet your needs
Blended Learning Educator Professional Development
UT High School offers online professional development courses for educators. The three-course blended learning professional development series includes beginner, intermediate, and advanced courses to assist teachers in implementing blended learning instructional models in their classrooms. The Texas Education Agency offers full reimbursement for teachers in Texas public school districts to enroll in the UT High School blended learning professional development courses (pre-approval required).
Blended Learning Conference Sessions and Resources
TAGT Leadership Conference: Place, Pace, and Path: Blended Learning for Gifted Students (2019)
TASSP Summer Workshop: To Blend or Not to Blend? (2018)
AP Annual Conference: The Perfect Blend to Transform AP Teaching and Learning (2018)
Toll Free Phone: