UT High School courses and Credit by Exams are open enrollment for all types of learners. Our students include individuals taking one course or exam while enrolled in school elsewhere, as well as, students who enroll full-time in the UT High School Online Diploma Programs. We offer online courses and exams in over 60 subject areas. Core courses are NCAA approved. Advanced Placement® (AP®) courses are audited and approved by The College Board. The University of Texas at Austin High School was approved by the Texas Education Agency in 1999 and is a Texas public school classified as a special purpose district.
Online High School Diploma Program
How to Enroll in the Full-Time Diploma Program:
- Families new to UTHS: Click here to request Skyward account access and register your child
- Families with existing UTHS Skyward Accounts: Use your existing Skyward Family Access portal to register another child for UTHS
- Complete all required forms
- Upload copies of all required documents, including transcripts showing high school credits
- Pay your registration fee by credit card, money order, or check
- U.S. student registration fee: $150
- *International student registration fee: $350
Interested in more information about the UT High School Diploma Program? Join us in TEAMS for an informational webinar each Wednesday at 11:30 am (CST).
Not sure if you already have a UTHS Skyward account or forgot your password? Click here to request an email to reset your password.
*International students must send transcripts to be evaluated by a Foreign Credential Evaluation Service approved by the Texas Education Agency prior to enrollment at UTHS.
A member of the UTHS Counseling and Student Services Team will review your transcripts and design a personal graduation plan for you. Your next step is to complete your choice sheet then the UTHS staff will schedule you into your courses. Students are required to enroll full-time during the spring and fall semesters and stay on-track to graduate in four years to maintain full-time status in the Diploma Program. Since Texas requires students to earn 26 credits to earn a high school diploma, students enroll in 7 courses per semester to complete 26 credits and graduate on-time in four years.
If you'd like UTHS to review your transcripts first, before you decide to enroll in the Diploma Program, a member of the UTHS Counseling and Student Services Team will review your prior transcripts to determine how many credits are needed for graduation.
- Fax or email your Transcript Analysis Form to email@example.com
- Send copies of all transcripts showing high school credits
- Pay your Transcript Analysis fee of $50 by credit card, money order, or check
If you decide to enroll in the UTHS Diploma Program, the Transcript Analysis fee of $50 will be credited toward your registration fee.
*International students must send transcripts to be evaluated by a Foreign Credential Evaluation Service approved by the Texas Education Agency prior to sending transcripts to UTHS for analysis of courses needed for the Texas high school graduation plan.
Although UT High School is a public school, we don't receive any state funding for student attendance, so we must charge a fee for courses and credit by exams.
- Semester Online Course: $260 (includes $15 online final exam proctoring)
- Average Annual Full-Time Enrollment (7 fall and 7 spring semester courses): $3,640
- Semester Credit by Exam: $70 (includes $15 online final exam proctoring)
- Textbooks and Materials: Many courses are textbook free. Please refer to the course description to view course-related fees for additional resources and/ or lab supplies.
*Effective April 17, 2020 all course enrollments include online final exam proctoring from the student's home computer. This eliminates the need for students to take final exams on-site at testing centers and results in an overall cost savings for parents (typically on-site final exams cost $30 per exam).
2020-21 Diploma Program Tuition Due Dates
Fall 2020 Tuition
- 1st payment of $1,040 (4 courses) due 8/28/2020
- 2nd/final payment of remaining balance ($780 for students taking 7 courses) due 10/2/2020
Spring 2021 Tuition
- 1st payment of $1,040 (4 courses) due 1/8/2021
- 2nd/final payment of remaining balance ($780 for students taking 7 courses) due 2/5/2021
*The 2nd/final payment amounts for each semester will be adjusted for students who received UTHS administrator approval to take fewer courses.
Summer 2020 Tuition
- All fees for summer courses are due by 6/12/20
Enroll in an Online Course
Diploma Students Complete Course Choice Sheets to be Placed in Online Courses
Students registered for the UTHS Diploma Program who plan to earn a diploma from UTHS do not enroll themselves online through the UTHS website into their courses. Instead, submit your course choice sheet to UTHS, then the UTHS staff will create your course schedule and enroll you in your courses each semester. This process ensures students are taking the courses aligned to graduation requirements and remain eligible for a UTHS Diploma.
Steps for Non-Diploma Students to Enroll in Courses Online:
Students who are not seeking a diploma from UTHS and are not registered for the UTHS Diploma Program, may enroll themselves online in their courses. Be sure to communicate with your home district counselor to ensure your course selections align to your graduation requirements.
- Go to the Course Listing
- Click on the title of the course you want to take
- Check-out online through the shopping cart to enroll in each individual course or send a paper enrollment form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay at time of enrollment by credit card online or by *mail-in enrollment form by credit card, money order, or check
*Please note that mail-in enrollments will take longer during remote working requirements as a result of delays related to COVID-19 and online credit card enrollments and payments will be processed more quickly.
Enroll in a Credit by Exam or Final Exam
- Go to Courses & Exams and select an exam type
- Submit your request form to email@example.com
- Pay at time of request by credit card, money order, or check
About Our Courses & Final Exams
Our courses are aligned to Texas state standards (TEKS), and they're designed to support students in learning concepts so they can be successful on state assessments (STAAR) and prepared for the next course in each subject area. Students have one semester to complete each course; it is possible to finish a course early in the semester when students dedicate more time for learning each week. Online learning offers flexibility and can provide an opportunity to accelerate learning, but it's not designed to be a short-cut. All students who complete an online course are required to pass (70%) an online proctored final exam for each semester course. Students take the online proctored final exams from their home computer while following secure testing requirements.