Enroll in the Full-Time International Virtual School
Registration opens April 3rd for Fall 2023!
Spring Semester courses begin January 12, 2023. The UTHS International Diploma Program offers online courses in more than 75 subject areas and students enrolled full-time are eligible to earn a Texas high school diploma. This program serves students who are non-Texas residents, including students from out-of-state and international locations.
Core courses are NCAA approved and Advanced Placement® (AP®) courses are audited and approved by The College Board. The UT High School operates as a special purpose school district, approved by the Texas Education Agency. Students enrolled in the full-time UTHS International Diploma Program complete courses from home utilizing a fully online, asynchronous instructional program aligned to a fall, spring, and optional summer session calendar. Students complete state required courses and take state-required end-of-course exams to meet all Texas public school graduation requirements to earn a Texas high school diploma.
Students and parents can join us for one of our live webinars for prospective students to learn more about the program. There will be opportunities to ask questions online during the live webinar.
Wednesday Webinars for Prospective Students and Parents: 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM (CST)
Fall and Spring Webinars
We encourage students and parents to join us for the fall and spring webinars for helpful tips for success and an opportunity to ask any questions.
The Fall Kick-off Webinar offers guiding information before the fall semester starts, such as viewing student course schedules, course textbooks and materials, and logging into classes on the first day of school which is Monday, August 22, 2022.
Wednesday, August 10, 2022 Fall Kick-off Webinar at 5:30 PM (CST) Recording
The Back-to-School Webinar provides guiding information during the first week of school, such as tips for submitting assignments online, viewing instructor feedback, and viewing your grades. Choose to attend either session.
Fall Back-to-School Webinar: Thursday, August 25, 2022 at 7:30 AM (CST) (Recording)
Fall Back-to-School Webinar: Thursday, August 25, 2022 at 5:30 PM (CST) (Recording)
Spring Back-to-School Webinar: Wednesday January 18th at 7:00 a.m. (CST) (Recording)
Spring Back-to-School Webinar: Thursday, January 19th at 5:30 p.m. (CST) (Recording)
About Our Courses & Final Exams
Our courses are aligned to Texas state standards (TEKS), and they're designed to support students in learning concepts so they can be successful on state assessments (STAAR) and prepared for the next course in each subject area. Students have one semester to complete each course; it is possible to finish a course early in the semester when students dedicate more time for learning each week. Online learning offers flexibility and opportunities to accelerate, but it is not designed to be a shortcut. Students take their six weeks and final exams on their home computer with secure testing requirements.
Eligibility to Enroll
Non-Texas residents including out-of-state and international students may enroll in the UTHS International Diploma Program as full time students to complete Texas graduation requirements and earn a high school diploma. Students must meet all of the following eligibility requirements to enroll in this Diploma Program.
- Maintain permanent residency outside of Texas in another state or country
- Be under the age of 21 years
- Completed 8th grade coursework (or equivalent credit by exams) in an accredited school program
- Have not already earned a high school diploma
- Complete the UTHS Online Learning Orientation in Canvas
- Both the student and parent must complete the UTHS Online Learning Orientation (approx. 45 min.). The student and parent create separate accounts, complete the course, then upload the two certificates of completion for the student and parent during the online enrollment process. To access the online orientation, visit: https://utexas.box.com/v/orientation-course
- Complete the online enrollment process in Skyward
- Families new to UTHS: Click here to request Skyward account access and register your child
- Families with existing UTHS Skyward Accounts: Use your existing Skyward Family Access portal to register your child for a UTHS program
- Complete all required forms within the Skyward enrollment system
- Upload copies of all required documents, including transcripts showing that the student is eligible for high school enrollment
- Pay your registration fee by credit card
- U.S. student registration fee: $150
- *International student registration fee: $350
*International students must send transcripts to be evaluated by a Foreign Credential Evaluation Service approved by the Texas Education Agency prior to enrollment at UTHS.
Not sure if you already have a UTHS Skyward account or forgot your password? Click here to request an email to reset your password.
If you want UTHS to review your transcripts first, before you decide to enroll in the Diploma Program, a member of the UTHS Counseling and Student Services Team will review your prior transcripts to determine how many credits are needed for graduation. Please be sure to submit your transcript analysis request at least two weeks in advance of the student's desired start date so the review can be completed and course schedules finalized before the start date.
- Fax or email your Transcript Analysis Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send copies of all transcripts showing high school credits
- Pay your Transcript Analysis fee of $50 by credit card, money order, or check
If you decide to enroll in the UTHS Diploma Program, the Transcript Analysis fee of $50 will be credited toward your registration fee.
*International students must send transcripts to be evaluated by a Foreign Credential Evaluation Service approved by the Texas Education Agency prior to sending transcripts to UTHS for analysis of courses needed for the Texas high school graduation plan.
UT High School is a public school open to non-Texas residents who pay tuition each semester:
- Semester Online Course: $260* (*Art and Spanish = $275 with integrated online textbook)
- Average Annual Full-Time Enrollment (7 fall and 7 spring semester courses): $3,640
- Semester Credit by Exam: $70 (includes $15 online final exam proctoring)
- Textbooks and Materials: Many courses are textbook free. Please refer to the course description to view course-related fees for additional resources and/or lab supplies.
All course enrollments include online final exam proctoring from the student's home computer. This eliminates the need for students to take final exams on-site at testing centers and results in an overall cost savings for parents.
2022-23 International Diploma Program Tuition Due Dates
Fall 2022 Tuition
- 1st payment of $1,040 (4 courses) due 8/26/2022
- 2nd/final payment of remaining balance ($780 for students taking 7 courses) due 10/3/2022
Spring 2023 Tuition
- 1st payment of $1,040 (4 courses) due 1/6/2023
- 2nd/final payment of remaining balance ($780 for students taking 7 courses) due 2/3/2023
*The 2nd/final payment amounts for each semester will be adjusted for students who received UTHS administrator approval to take fewer courses.
Summer 2023 Tuition
- All fees for summer courses are due by 6/4/2023
A member of the UTHS Counseling and Student Services Team will review the student's transcripts and design a personal career plan for them. The next step is to complete your choice sheet, then the UTHS staff will schedule you into your courses. Students must enroll full-time during the spring and fall semesters and stay on-track to graduate in four years to maintain full-time status in the Diploma Program. Since Texas requires students to earn 26 credits to earn a high school diploma, students enroll in 7 courses per semester to complete 26 credits and graduate on-time in four years.
Full-time Diploma Program students should not enroll in courses online using the shopping cart. Be sure to follow the steps above to enroll in the full time program and work with your counselor who will place you in courses based on your personal career plan and ensure courses align to Texas graduation requirements.
- Skyward Family Access Portal
- Contact Us
- About Us
- Review Computer Requirements for Online Courses
- Submit a Withdrawal Form
- Request a Transcript
- 2022-23 UTHS Diploma Programs Calendar
- UTHS Student and Parent Handbook
- 2022-23 Course Pacing Guides
- 2022-23 Course Materials List
- 2022-23 Non-TX Schedule Change Form
- 2022-23 Course Offerings
- 2022-23 International HS Fall Kick Off Webinar 8/10/22
- UTHS Student CBE Request